Everyone is busy in grabbing Android 4.4 KitKat update for their specific devices, whether it’s a mid-range smartphone or a high-end one. However, the one who owns high-end smartphones get all the updates faster in both the ways – officially as well as unofficially as those have a long list of Custom ROMs available to flash.
HTC One – the flagship Android smartphone from the HTC and one of the biggest launch in 2013 is currently running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and no official announcement regarding the KitKat upgrade came out yet. However, one can easily get Android 4.4 KitKat on HTC One via flashing Custom ROMs. Number of Custom ROMs are available for HTC One and to choose one is cumbersome.
To help you, today we have brought an awesome Android 4.4.2 KitKat OneDroid Custom ROM for HTC One, packed with powerful features. The ROM is based on CyanogenMod repos, fully optimized for battery life and performance, comes with useful pre-installed apps like Google apps, screen recording, etc., tweaks, and lots of fun. Still, you are not satisfied with the features then take a look a look at the long list of features below!
Android 4.4.2 KitKat OneDroid ROM Details
- Based on latest CM commits, 4.4.2 KOT49H
- Unsecured boot.img
- Deodexed and Zipaligned
- Bloatware free
- Pre-rooted with latest Superuser v18.104.22.168
- Pre-installed latest Google Apps
- Pre-installed latest Xposed
- Pre-installed latest Busybox
- Fully optimized for battery life and speed (this thing flies!)
- Custom init.d and build.prop tweaks related to VM, internet, ext4/mounts and more for smoothness and performance
- All latest /system applications
- Inbuilt screen recording and IR blaster app
- Inbuilt Flash Player
- GPU UI rendering
- Most stable CPU governor
- Custom kernel with OC support, Button Light Notifications (BLN), lots of wake options (like sweep2wake, sweep2sleep, doubletap2wake)
Now, what do you think? I know you don’t have a word to say about it! So, are you ready to deploy this enriched OneDroid Custom ROM on your HTC One then go on following the below procedure. Before going through the guide, you must check all the “Prerequisites” to be on a safe side and never forget to take back-up of the current ROM on a PC or on an external SD card.
- Never try to proceed further without charging your device up to 70 – 80%, otherwise you may face some serious issues.
- Never forget to enable the “USB Debugging” on your HTC One from the settings.
- Ensure that you have installed the USB Drivers and Fastboot Drivers on your computer.
- Ensure that you have taken the backup of current ROM.
- Your HTC One bootloader must be in unlocked state.
- Your device must possess root access and CWM Recovery installed on it.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKatOneDroid Custom ROM for HTC One
Step 1: Download the ROM from the above link on your Computer.
Step 2: Connect your device to your Computer via Original USB data cable and place the ROM file in your device internal memory.
Step 3: Turn off your device and go to the recovery mode.
Step 4: In the recovery mode, “Format the data/Wipe Data” and clean “Cache Partition” to delete the current system and data. Then go to advanced and do the “wipe Dalvik cache”.
Step 5: Now, it’s very simple, go back to CWM main screen and choose “install zip from SD card” option -> select the ROM file -> give “Yes” and update process will start. Relax and wait for few minutes to finish.
Step 6: As the process is completed, go back the recovery main menu and choose “reboot now”.
Congratulations! Now, finally you are on latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat having amazing features to get hands-on. Go through all the features and do share your review with us. As well as, let us know if there are any other ROM exists like this one or better than this.
If you have any problem or queries to install the custom ROM then share with us using the below comments section. You can also report the bugs at official XDA thread if you come across any.